Pages

5/29/2013

Seattle's Woodland Park Rose Garden

So, I underestimated just how many photos I took during our trip to Olympic and Seattle.  Not including iPhone photos and a couple film shots, my grand total adds up to 1,144 photos.  Ugh, I need to learn a little bit of self control.  Ha!  Who am I kidding?  That's not going to happen, unless I'm using film.  Oh, well.

While I'm still working my way through all the photos I took, the first batch I organized and edited were taken in the middle of our trip.  On our anniversary, after spending our morning running around Pike Place Market we drove a little north of downtown to the Woodland Park Rose Garden.  It's this great garden situated right next to the Seattle zoo and it's one of only a couple dozen certified American Rose Test Gardens in the US.  Oh, and it's free, with free nearby parking.  It doesn't get much better than that!

For me, our trip to the rose garden was like another anniversary present.  I've said before just how awesome Antoine is when it comes to me taking photos; he's patient and never rushes me.  Well, when we walked into the rose garden and my eyes got all wide and dilated and I went into my "pretty-flowers-must-take-pictures-of-every-single-one" mode...Antoine just continued to fuel the fire and pointed out roses that I had missed.  "Ooo, look at that one!"  "What about that one?"  "Look at the red one!"  "Did you see that one?"  It just made me smile and I had the best time wondering around, taking photos and smelling all the gorgeous roses.  They also have a little sensory garden in the back with a variety of herbs, flowers and plants, which was fun.  I'd highly recommend it to anyone.  And if I lived there I'd totally go in the afternoon with a little picnic and enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the garden with Antoine and Cheese (yeah, it's dog-friendly too!).




No comments:

Post a Comment