Pages

5/08/2013

Great Gatsby

Anyone else out there super stoked for the new Great Gatsby movie?  Once I saw the first preview, I was hooked and knew I had to see it!  And then, magically, on Friday I got an email for free preview tickets for this Thursday (aka tomorrow night)!!  Antoine and I immediately went and picked up the tickets in advance, as well as a set for my sister.

[via]

Before I went to go see the film I knew I wanted to re-read the book.  Like most, I hadn't read it since high school.  And I couldn't really remember what happens.  Luckily, I finished it last night.  And now I'm even more excited!

[via]
Did you know that this jacket cover illustration by Francis Cugat, known as Celestial Eyes, is one of the most renowned jacket covers of all time?  You can read more about the story of this illuminating cover, here.

I know some people are a little wary of this modern remake, as they have strong feelings about the novel and/or the 1974 Robert Redford/Mia Farrow version.  I, personally, enjoyed the novel and the '74 film version, but I don't have any strong bond with either so I'm just looking forward to the film.  I can definitely see DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby and Maguire as Nick Carraway.  And while I find the character of Daisy Buchanan utterly annoying (am I alone here?!) and I happen to adore Carey Mulligan (I know I'm not alone here, Antoine has a big crush on her), I think she'll be able to pull it off.  But really, the two things I'm most looking forward to:  the "look" of the film and the soundtrack!  The film looks gorgeous; the sets and the costumes look perfect!  And the modern soundtrack, at least what I've heard of it, sounds fantastic!

[via]

[via]
[via]
[via]
[via]
What do you think?  Are you planning on seeing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment