Pages

4/16/2013

Weekend in Instagram

In Instagram, my weekend consisted of only two things really: creatures and flowers.  Friday night started off as it usually does, with Gui and Cheese vying for my lap and my affection (or in Cheese's case, more food).


He thinks his pitiful looks will make me forget the fact that I just fed him, but they don't.  Instead I just laugh at him!  I'm such a nice mom.

Saturday started off the way Saturdays around here usually do, a little sleeping in and a little more time relaxing on the couch with Antoine and the creatures.
It's a rough life.

Then I miraculously managed to talk Antoine into making some of his famous chocolate chip cookies for a book arts potluck I had to go to at noon while I got ready!  He's so awesome.  Once the cookies were done I headed over to Spring Grove Cemetery for a bit until my potluck.  I recently borrowed my sisters film slr to experiment shooting with film, so I brought it along to experiment with.  I enjoyed it, but I'm kind of nervous to see how the pictures turned out.  When I ran out of film and it wasn't noon yet, I decided to just walk around and snap a couple pictures with my phone.


Then I headed over to the Northside for the CBAS annual meeting and potluck.  I recently became a member so this was my first time going to an event.  It was a good time with great food and nice people.  And a really cool speaker from a local journal, Forklift, Ohio.

While I was away Antoine spent most of the day working on the yard, so we treated ourselves (and Cheese) with a nice walk in French Park and then some whippy dip from Hold the Nuts, my favorite ice cream stand.  Then we decided to completely break our diets and get some pizza.  But it was so worth it! 

On Sunday, Antoine had to head to Louisville to pick his brother up from the airport, so I decided to head over to Spring Grove for a long walk in the beautiful weather.  Okay, I'll admit it...I'm a little obsessed with Spring Grove.  It has quickly become one of my favorite spots in the city, and I don't think it's hard to see why...
This was the first time I went to Spring Grove and did a couple of their walking paths (to burn off Saturday night's pizza).  They have three different paths, a one mile (yellow), a two mile (blue) and a three and a half mile (red).  I started off with the 3.5 mile walk, which took me to so many parts of the cemetery that I've never seen before.  I had no idea the place was that big!  After the 3.5 mile path, I decided to finish with the 1 mile loop, which took me past some more familiar spots.  It was a beautiful day and I had a great long walk.  I'll definitely be going back again soon, and hopefully bringing Antoine with me next time.

We finished off Sunday by relaxing a bit (after Antoine did some more yard work) and grilled some burgers and potatoes on the charcoal grill.  Tasty!  So, how was your weekend?  Did you get out and enjoy some of the gorgeous weather?!

No comments:

Post a Comment