Pages

9/03/2013

Weekend in Instagram

Yet another weekend in Instagram post...I know, I know.  I need to get off my ass and do some actual blogging.  I promise I'll have a real post with real photos later this week!  And then either this week or next I'll start on my guest bedroom posts, I promise!  In the meantime, Instagram photos (mainly of Cheese) for your enjoyment...

 I started Saturday morning off right with some cold brewed iced coffee.  And I swear I'm not so pretentious that I normally drink my coffee out of a Ball jar, I just didn't have enough for a full glass of coffee.  Not that I think all people who drink their coffee out of Ball jars are pretentious...but some are.

 Saturday was a lazy day.  Well, to be honest, the whole weekend was pretty lazy!  We stayed in our pajamas most of the weekend.  Saturday we watched Mud and Now You See Me.  Mud was actually really good!  Easily Matthew McConaughey's best performance to date...and that's saying a lot because I'm not generally one of his biggest fans.  Usually I find him to be kind of creepy, but not so much in this film.  Now You Can See Me was good, kind of hokie at times, but good.  I also watched Side Effects on Friday and thought it was decent, if kind of flawed.  But luckily, Channing Tatum isn't in it too long, so that was good (I can only handle his douchiness for so long, then I'm done).
 
Sunday was yet another lazy day...I snuggled on the couch with this guy most of the day and watch How I Met Your Mother reruns.  It was kind of awesome.

Poor guy!  It's so "ruff" being the Cheese-man.

Sunday night I had to feed my sis and brother-in-laws cats and I spotted this gigantic cluster of mushrooms in their backyard.  Crazy!

This is Cheese on Monday.  It was obvious that Labor Day was just too much for him and he needed to get out of the house for a while to let off some steam, so we took him to the dog park.  You know it's hot out at the dog park when all the humans AND all the dogs are staying under the shade of the trees!  Cheese managed to last an hour and so did we!  He had a great time and drank about a million gallons of water!

While Cheese was getting a bath I couldn't resist snapping a photo of this guy rolling around on the guest bed, which Guillermo now thinks is his bed!

Antoine and I rounded off our Labor Day by running some errands and then feasting on some silver queen corn on the cob for dinner (tasty!).  It was a nice, relaxing weekend...which frankly, in this heat, was pretty much all we could bear.  I really hope it starts to cool off soon!  I'm so ready for cool, Fall weather...it's my favorite!

How about you?  How was your long weekend?  Did you do anything fun?  Or did you avoid the heat at all costs like we did?!

No comments:

Post a Comment