Pages

8/26/2013

Weekend in Instagram

This weekend was a combination of intense cleaning, moderate cooking and extreme laziness.  Antoine and I continued to clean like crazy people Friday night and Saturday morning, and the end result was a pretty spotless house and two tired people...
 A little sneak peek of the guest room.  I love this H&M cat pillow cover that I got for the guest bed, which of course I now cannot find on H&M.  I'm glad I snagged it up when I did!

 A totally clean and organized house (with another sneak peek of the guest room).  This doesn't happen often, so it's kind of a big deal!

 Running on the last bit of energy I had left in me, I decided to whip up a double batch of creamy tomato basil soup (very tasty!) and some classic white bread (simple and delicious, though mine took much less time to bake in the oven).  Needless to say we had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner Saturday night and it was yummy!

 On Sunday we ran some errands and then spent the evening watching Funny Girl (one of my favorite musicals, which Antoine had never seen before).  Then we grilled up some dinner, chicken breast marinated in this (my favorite marninade!) and grilled/baked potatoes.  Antoine had recently purchased these crazy potato people things from Sur La Table, so we tested them out and they surprisingly worked like a charm.  My sweet potato pirate was absolutely delicious, slathered in brown sugar, butter and cinnamon!  Mmm!

And we played some fetch with Cheese, of course.  I couldn't resist taking this video...I love the "click-clack, click-clack, chomp"! Like a tap dancing basset hound catcher!

So, how was your weekend?  Did you do anything exciting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment