Things I've made lately and loved:
This blueberry peach crumble and an apple crisp, both with some very minor modifications.
As far as jammin' goes, so far this year I've mades these: strawberry vanilla jam, honey lemon [spiced] apple jam, nectarine raspberry freezer jam, strawberry freezer jam, orange ginger marmalade (pictured), and pineapple jam.
I made a three layered carrot cake with maple cream cheese frosting using this recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
We've also been on a bit of a soup kick lately. It started with the best creamy tomato basil soup I've ever made, which I found on Shared Appetite. As soon as Antoine and I finished off this soup we were already craving another batch (and I intend to make some more very soon!)
To go along with the tomato soup I made some classic white bread using a recipe from the back of a Gold Medal flour bag. It became grilled cheese sandwiches, of course!
Recipes I desperately want to try out:
- Creamy pumpkin pie bars from Joy the Baker - so perfect for Fall!
- New York style cheesecake with graham/pretzel crust and salted caramel sour cream from The Kitchy Kitchen - I mean, come on. Doesn't that sound ridiculously amazing?!
- Blueberry upside-down cake from Thibeault's Table - so pretty and a good way to use up some of the blueberries I picked in July and froze!
- Herbed goat cheese soufflé from The Novice Chef - Mmmm, goat cheese...
- Butter chicken from Bonlook's blog- This looks delicious and relatively easy to make.
- Newcastle fondue from Emma at A Beautiful Mess- I love fondue, but have never made it at home before!
- Ginger carrot soup from the Food Network - I've never made a carrot soup before, but I love the combo of carrots and ginger!
- Easy cheese danishes from Completely Delicious - I adore cheese danishes, but that shouldn't surprise you because they are sweet and made with cheese, why wouldn't I love them? Well, I've never made them and I'm dying to try out this easy recipe.
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Mine will be busy. I'm on a committee that has been planning our staff family picnic for work, and it's tomorrow...so I'll be running around like a crazy person. Hopefully I'll get some down-time on Sunday!