Pages

7/07/2014

July 4th Weekend in Instagram

I hope everyone had a nice long weekend!  Mine had its ups and down, but overall there was lots of good food and time with my little family.
 The weekend started a bit early at work with a birthday celebration of one of my coworkers.  I whipped up this chocolate cake with chocolate frosting from Completely Delicious.  It went over pretty well!
 I started off my Fourth with a very patriotic yogurt bowl.  It was pretty and delicious!  Then we headed over to French Park for a nice leisurely walk through the woods, which is always a good time.
 Then we headed over to my sister's, though they were out of town, to grill some food and hangout with Cheese on their new patio! [Above: blueberry lemon white wine spritzer I made for myself]
 Cheese had a blast playing fetch...look at that smile!
 Antoine grilled up some steaks and fresh corn, but the highlight for me were the grilled honeyed peaches with vanilla bean ice cream....SO GOOD!!
I couldn't resist a little nightcap once we got back home, it was the Fourth after all!  [Above: a blueberry mojito, made with fresh blueberry simple syrup]
 Saturday morning Antoine spoiled me with probably the best breakfast hash he's made yet!  He's a wizard when it comes to breakfast!! [Rosemary-garlic-chive breakfast potatoes, with Turk's bacon, cheese and a perfectly fried egg (at least how I like them), sprinkled with some fresh parsley!]

After breakfast, while Antoine was doing some yard work outside, I decided to go to Spring Grove to take some pictures.  And of course, because it's me and I'm apparently an expert at hurting myself, I fell and twisted my ankle.  I was walking by the pond, taking pictures and not paying attention, and I stepped into a hole and "CRUNCH!"  Then I hobbled back to my car and by the time I got home I had a swollen, sore ankle.  So the rest of the night was spent icing my ankle and watching tv.
 But no worries, I had this guy to keep me company...he even held my hand!
 With my ankle still swollen and sore my Sunday pretty much looked like this [me and Cheese taking it easy on the sofa]...though I'm not complaining!
Oh, and that husband of mine went ahead and spoiled me again with a delicious homemade breakfast:  homemade biscuit/bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches and breakfast potatoes!  He actually made the biscuits from scratch and they were AWESOME!!  I'm too lucky!

So, that was my weekend in a nutshell [ie Instagram]!  How was your 4th of July?  Did you do anything fun?!



No comments:

Post a Comment