Pages

11/01/2013

Texas Recap: San Antonio

Happy Friday!  I'm so glad that the weekend is almost here, but I can't believe it's November already!  I feel like my favorite month has just flown by and it'll be winter before you know it.

Anyway, back to recapping our Texas trip.  After Austin we headed down to San Antonio for a night, just to relax and take it easy after all the ACL festival madness.


Our first stop in San Antonio was the Alamo.  Antoine said it was a must see, so what the heck.  My knowledge of Texas history is limited, but I've watched the Drunk History episode about the Alamo, so had a general idea of the story and what happened.  (In my opinion, Drunk History is the best way to learn about historical events.  Period.  FYI, the Lewis and Clark one is my favorite!)
The monument in front of the Alamo.


The Alamo itself is pretty small, and unfortunately they don't allow photos inside, which even from a preservation standpoint I don't get, but oh well.
Still, it's totally worth the visit though.  There's some interesting artifacts and exhibits inside and in the surrounding buildings.  And the grounds and gardens surrounding the Alamo are very pretty.
Isn't this tree insane!?  Look how some of it's limbs are actually being supported by metal rods!

After the Alamo we checked into our bed & breakfast, Eva's Escape at the Gardenia Inn, just a few minutes away.
We stayed in the Magnolia room, which had access to the front balcony through a walkout window.  We sat out there and enjoyed our complimentary afternoon hors d'oeuvres, it was very relaxing to just sit after 3 days of what felt like nonstop moving.  

After plans to have dinner at Dough (a really awesome looking pizzeria featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives that I was REALLY looking forward to) fell through, because of an unexpected closure for renovations, we headed to the Riverwalk to find something to eat.  
The Riverwalk was cool, though touristy.  We found a Tex Mex place and sat on the Riverwalk.  I decided to have a huge margarita for dinner and then got slightly drunk and proceeded to feed all the ducks and fish in the vacinity.  So, I obviously had a blast.  I mean, I got to hangout with that handsome guy, so how could I not have a great time?!

San Antonio was fun, even if we didn't see much.  It was the nice, quiet break we needed in between the craziness of Austin and Dallas.  But more on Dallas next week...have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment