Pages

7/26/2013

After the Rain

While we were in Amish Country on Saturday it rained on and off all day.  One minute it would be crystal clear and sunny, the next the skies would open up.  And then , it would magically be sunny again.  Now don't get me wrong, sporadic weather (when it involves a little sun) is always better than nonstop rain/storms.  Plus, it makes for really pretty pictures of flowers with little raindrops on them...and we all know how I feel about flowers!


Unfortunately the raindrops quickly evaporated, but, as you know, I don't need raindrops to find flowers completely mesmerizing!

After our trip to Heini's the sun was shining and the temperature immediately perked up.  It was gorgeous, and I wasn't the only one who noticed because there were bumble bees and butterflies everywhere taking advantage of sun and the array of pretty flowers.  That's the other great thing about Amish Country, in the summer it's so very green and there are flowers all over the place! 

These lilies are actually from my parents yard.  They have all kinds of beautiful lilies surrounding there house, huge beds of them.  I love it!

Happy Friday everyone!  Any good plans in the works this weekend?  I'm planning on laying low and catching up on my crocheting.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment