Pages

2/15/2013

Montreal: the Biodome

Whew, what a great birthday weekend in Montreal!  It was snowy and gorgeous, but not too difficult to wander around.  We ate some tasty food: fresh ramen, poutine and frites.  Oh, and AMAZING Montreal-style bagels from Fairmount Bagel.  I didn't even know that Montreal bagels were a thing!  But I'm making sure I tell every person I know about them because they are awesome!  The dough is slightly sweet and chewy with this fantastic crust...so good!

We started off my birthday with a trip to the Biodome.  It's a little ways north of downtown but right next to a Metro stop, so super convenient!  It's basically four or so mini-ecosystems in one building, which means whether rain or shine you get to observe all different kinds of creatures.  They were experiencing technical difficulties with their ticketing that morning, but staff was super friendly (even to us non-French speakers) and eventually they ended up letting us in for free.  Happy birthday to me!


Cananda Lynx


Creepy fish


So cute! I swear, it was like he was posing for me.

I have no idea what kind of duck this is, but I love its coloring.



Porcupine

River otter cuteness.  They were so close you could have touched them.




Military Macaw

They also had a sloth there, but he was hiding way up in a tree and you could barely see him.  Bummer!

I'm super excited for this weekend, not only do I get my air boot so I can actually move around without crutches, but also because my best friend and her boyfriend are coming to Cincinnati for the weekend!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment